PAX: Deagle, Winston, ShowMe, Butter
FNGs: DungeonMaster, Cannoli
Disclaimer – Given!
• SSH x 25 IC
• Plank Jacks x 15 IC
• Willie Mays Hayes x 10 IC
• 3 Laps – Indian Run (aka Ricky Bobby)
• Mountain Climbers x 15 IC
• Imperial Squat Walkers x 15 IC
• Cherry Pickers x 15 IC
The Escalator Returns
• Pax repeat a series of exercises, escalating up, per the following. • Burpees are OYO; other exercises were either IC or OMC:
o 5 x Burpee
o Add 10 x Alternating Lunges
o Add 15 x Coupon Curl
o Add 20 x Squat, then a lap
o Add 25 x Dips IC
o Add 30 x Jump Overs
o Add 35 x Upright Rows, then a lap
MARY: Cross-Eyed Mary Always a Beauty!
(work across your core and abs)
• Freddie Mercuries x 15 IC
• Plank-o-rama x 10 IC (cross-crunches for center planks)
• Dying Cockroaches x 10 IC
• X Factors x 10 IC
• American Hammers x 10 IC Each way
• Scissors x 20 IC to close
• Thirsty F3rd Thursday is this week on April 21 at Irish Inn at Glen Echo • 1st F: Q-School begins Saturday April 23rd and will last for three weeks
• 3rd F: April 23rd Earth Day Convergence – Adopt a road – with 4 AOs participating. SSL Coordinator at Pyle Middle has been notified. • 2nd F: April 29 – May 1 Backpacking trip
• 2nd F: Dad’s Camp June 4-5
• Memorial Day: 1st F Murph WOD followed by 2nd F Family Potluck Picnic • March 2023 – Grow Ruck in DC
COT: Patriot Day – April 19
• April 19, 1775: At about 5 a.m., 700 British troops, on a mission to capture Patriot leaders and seize a Patriot arsenal, march into Lexington to find 77 armed minutemen under Captain John Parker waiting for them on the town’s common green.
• Suddenly, a shot was fired from an undetermined gun, and a cloud of musket smoke soon covered the green. Ralph Waldo Emerson called it “the shot heard round the world”
• When the brief Battle of Lexington ended, eight Americans lay dead or dying and 10 others were wounded.
• When the British troops reached Concord at about 7 a.m., they found themselves encircled by hundreds of armed Patriots. Later at Lexington, Captain Parker’s militia had its revenge, killing several British soldiers as the Red Coats hastily marched through his town. Parker was heard to have said “Don’t shoot until you see the whites of their eyes”
• By the time the British finally reached the safety of Boston, nearly 300 British soldiers had been killed, wounded, or were missing in action. The Patriots suffered fewer than 100 casualties.
• Patriots’ Day has also been co-opted by fringe elements in American society over the decades and centuries.
o On this day, first blood in the American Civil War was on April 19, 1861 a week after Fort Sumter where there were no casualties on either side.
o In 1993, the Branch Davidian Compound in Waco TX was burned after a 7 week stand-off by FBI and ATF forces killing 80 people, including 22 children. David Koresh fathered at least 12 children by wives who were as young as 13 when they gave birth.
o Just after 9 a.m. on April 19, 1995, a massive truck bomb exploded outside the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. When the rescue effort finally ended two weeks later the death toll stood at 168 people killed, including 19 young children who were in the building’s day-care center at the time of the blast. Terry Nichols and Timothy McVeigh were convicted of the crime. McVeigh said the date of the Waco siege was his inspiration.