For those of you asking for information about the Abominable Ruck Challenge, here is a summary:
When: Feb. 6, 2021 @ 8:00 PM
Where: Columbia Island Marina (George Washington Memorial Pkwy, Arlington, VA 22202)
What: Overnight ruck challenge led by F3 The Capital. Will include ruck PT, ruck movements, and carrying things. Event will end approximately 12 hours after start time. A shorter, approximately-four-hour loop will be available for those new to rucking or who have to report to work at 02:00. We will start as a group and end as a group. Leave no snowman behind.
COVID Protocols: PAX will wear masks throughout, and will physically distance, as the challenge will allow.
Why: Teach and strengthen leadership and teamwork habits via a F3TheCapital CSAUP event. Accelerate personal and regional growth. Run CSAUP at low to no cost, with COVID protocols in place. Team starts together and ends together, leaving no man behind.
- Rucksack (any make or brand)
- Over 150 lbs – 30 lb weight
- Under 150 lbs – 20 lb weight
- Hydration bladder (2L min, 3L recommended)
- Nalgene bottle for extra water
- Headlamp, needs to have 10 hour battery
- Reflector badge or tape on your ruck
- Wind/rain jacket
- Face mask (recommend more than 1 for full event)
- Hat and gloves (extra set of its cold or wet out)
- Snacks and water supplements (calories & electrolytes)
- Highly recommend change of clothes, leave in your car. It’s there to change before you head home or meet for coffee.
Start your prep now! Any questions, reachout on SLACK.