What is the ARC?
The ARC is an overnight rucking challenge hosted by F3 The Capital, split into 4-hour segments to allow folks to come and go. All are invited to this unofficial rucking event at our nation’s capital! We will start as a group and end as a group. Leave no snowman behind.
Join us on February 19th! Event starts at 8pm.
Columbia Island Marina – George Washington Memorial Pkwy, Arlington, VA 22202
The ARC Packing List | 2022 Version
- Backpack (aka Rucksack)
- 30 lbs if you weigh more than 150 lbs
- 20 lbs if you less than 150 lbs
- If you weigh exactly 150 lbs, weigh yourself again.
- Water (at least 2 liters). 3 liters is better for the overnight ruckers.
- 1L Nalgene Bottle (or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)).
- Headlamp and extra batteries.
- Rain shell or windbreaker.
- Wool hat. For overnight ruck, bring two.
- Work Gloves: Not medical gloves, working gloves. For the overnight ruck, bring two pairs – at least one pair will get muddy, wet, and/or lost.
- PT Belt/Reflective Band: Attach to Ruck
- $20 in quitter’s cash. Put it in a ziploc bag or a Pelican Case.
- Photo ID: Drivers license or other ID with your picture and name on it.
- Two masks
- Rain pants.
- Extra hydration sleeve hose/valve. If your hose freezes or gets damaged, this is great to have.
- Hard case (like a pelican case) for your phone. We will be taking our rucks on and off during the event, which can crush phones.
- Extra Wool Socks.
- Ziplock bag containing 4-5 bandaids, some moleskin, and a little bit of Leukotape.
Do Not Bring:
- Ear buds, headphones, or portable speakers. These will distract you from your team.
- A bunch of extra stuff not on the list. We will be out overnight (or 4 hours), not 2 days.
- Heavy winter coats.
- Cotton clothing. Of any kind. Wear wool or synthetics from head to toe.
- Sourpuss attitude. Suck it up, buttercup.
` If your hydration bladder breaks, freezes, or loses its hose, you will need the nalgene bottle. Wide mouth bottles work better. This is a required item.
` Red light option is nice. Black Diamond Spot 350 is waterproof, easy to use, and $40.
` This will help you not get hypothermia if it rains, sleets, or snows. Waterproof (e.g. Gore Tex) preferable. You must have a jacket. This is a required item.
Order Your T-Shirts For This Year’s Event!
The pre-order closes on 1/24/2022!