Super Bowl Squares 50/50 Fundraiser Supporting Donovan & Bank Foundation
In combination with GrowRuck #35 (March 24 – 26), one goal is to accelerate our 2nd and 3rd F across our AOs while supporting a great cause with a Super Bowl Squares fundraiser!
2nd F: Have a Super Bowl Get Together with Your AO
The Super Bowl is February 12th. We are encouraging each AO to host a Super Bowl potluck – OR – to enjoy the big game together at a neighborhood bar. Horshack will work with AO Site Qs (and 2nd Fs Qs if available) on Slack channels to track event locations. The hope is to bring Pax together and enjoy fellowship as the scores roll in and Super Bowl Squares winners become known.
3rd F: Raise $20,000 for Donovan & Bank Foundation Supporting Special Operators
During this GrowRuck, we have a unique 3rd F partnership with Donovan & Bank Foundation (https://www.donovanbank.org/) which shares our focus on the three Fs and our ‘Pickup the 6’ values.
D&B is dedicated to helping U.S. Special Forces Operators bring closure to their warrior story and transition to a life of peace, contentment and balance. Between now and March 24, we’ve set an ambitious target to raise $20,000 for D&B to reach more Operators and fulfill its vital mission.
The first part of this 50/50 fundraiser is getting everyone you know to purchase Super Bowl Squares.
Super Bowl Squares Guidelines ($10 per square):
- All are welcome to participate – family, friends, co-workers, etc. Our goal is to fill up 40 grids (4,000 squares total!) across The Capital, Blue Ridge, Annapolis, and DR Pax from across F3 Nation.
- Each randomly assigned square for this 50/50 fundraiser costs $10 ($5 going to D&B, and the other $5 to be paid out to the winners). For example, if you wish to buy 7 squares, $35 goes to D&B and $35 goes to the winners)
- Winners are decided by looking at the last number in each teams’ score and then matching those digits on the grid to see where the squares intersect.
- On each grid of 100 squares, one winner will be determined at the end of the first quarter (20% payout), second quarter (20%), third quarter (20%), plus the final (40%) score.
- There is no limit to the number of squares you can purchase, but no single individual will be assigned more than half of the squares on any one grid.
- Squares will be grouped by AO and Region into the same grid(s) as much as possible.
- Grids will be emailed to all participants on the morning of Feb 12th (and posted on AO Slack Channels) so that you can have them available at the 2nd F events.
- Any winnings from empty unpurchased squares will go to support D&B.
Steps to Buy Your Super Bowl Squares (Deadline is 11:59p on Saturday 11 February):
- For each $10 square you wish to purchase, use this PayPal link to donate $5 per square to Donovan & Bank. (e.g., if you are buying 7 squares, donate $35 to D&B). In the “what’s this payment for” section, include Your F3 Name, AO Name, and Region (e.g., F3 Horshack, FreeState, The Capital). Friends and family without F3 names should include their true names to enter on their square(s). YOU MUST COVER ANY PAYPAL SERVICE FEES!
- Email / forward your Donovan & Bank donation receipt from PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your F3 Name, AO Name and Region in your emails.
- Use PayPal again to purchase the remaining $5 per square by sending that amount to email@example.com (e.g., if you are buying 7 squares, send the remaining $35 to firstname.lastname@example.org). Again, in the “what’s this payment for” section, include Your F3 Name, AO Name, and Region (e.g., F3 Horshack, FreeState, The Capital). Friends and family without F3 names should include their true names to enter on their square(s) AGAIN, YOU MUST COVER ANY SERVICE FEES!
- Finally, many companies offer to match their employees’ donations to non-profit organizations (usually with some limits and a receipt). To achieve our $20,000 goal, please consider doubling your contribution to D&B through your employer match program.
Horshack will serve as the “SquareMaster” – so DM him with any questions or concerns (or email at email@example.com). The Super Bowl is coming up soon – so get your squares now!!