QIC: 2 percent
THE PAX: Infinity; Rocketman
; Zeus; Big Kahuna
5 PAX participated in a post holiday high intensity interval workout (a P.H.H.I.I.W., if you will) Here’s what we did:
WARM UP: SSH; Imperial Walkers; Cherry Pickers; Itty Bitty Arm Circles; Willie Mays Hays; Michael Phelps
THE THANG: 2 rounds of interval training, 11 sets, OYO, 30 seconds of exercise, 30 second rest period, rinse & repeat. Bonus/Speed round at the end.
1. Sideways coupon hops (place coupon on floor, jump over it with both feet together)
2. Shoulder taps
3. Football fast feet – drop down to plank on command
4. Coupon (or weighted) tricep press
5. One-sided lunge jumps (R) – drive knee into the air
6. One-sided lunge jumps (L) – drive knee into the air
7. Bear crawl/crawl bear – back and forth
8. Squat jumps with a knee slap – on command
9. Figure 8’s
10. Diamond push ups
11. Coupon curls
Round 2: Repeated the above w/ a modified
Round 3: Bonus/Speed Round – PAX completed all 11 exercises back to back with no rest period. 5 minutes and 30 seconds of continuous exercise.
THE MARY: Flutter kicks; LBC’s; Side Straddle Toy Soldiers (same as Toy Soldiers but legs move horizontally); Peter Parkers (w/ an optional push up); Freddie Mercury’s
COT: It is always an honor to lead this group of fine men. May the new year bring a renewed sense of purpose and appreciation for each other.