FreeState Official Launch, New Shovel Flag and Halloween – oh my!
- Winston planted the new FreeState shovel flag, pictured below. Horshack was happy to retire the kluge-job, duct-duct taped, shovel flag with an over-sized Old Glory (as @EarlyBird noted, big enough for a car dealership) that has barely survived since FreeState’s soft launch. Winston was having stomach issues so he could not witness the admiration of the PAX after our beat down.
- F3 veteran HIMs @Hightower, @Nano, @EarlyBird, and @MillerTime were especially impressed by Winston’s rebar reinforcement inserted into the top of the shovel, allowing an aluminum sleeve to extend the flag higher. Thank you so much, Winston!
- The story of @Nano ’s prodigal glove. In the darkness, before the beatdown began, Nano lost one glove in the gloom while he was ‘watering a tree.’ Thankfully there was an upside. Bear crawling on the blacktop was a wonderful exfoliant for his palms. Then, as the Pax saw the light of daybreak, @Nano located his chosen tree and what was lost is now found.
@Nano, @Hightower, @Deagle, @SalmonRoll, @Nala (FNG), @EarlyBird, @MillerTime, @Horshack
QICs: @Nano and @Hightower
- SSH x 20 IC
- Cherry Pickers x 10 IC
- Merkins x 10 IC
- Willie Mays Hayes x 10 IC
- Windmills x 10 IC
4 Corners x 2: The Team doing Blockies sets the pace. Bear Crawl short sides, sprint long sides to get to next station
1. Blockies – 5 x Burpees with Coupons with and upward Press (no jump)
2. Bonnie Blairs
4 Corners x 1: The Team doing Blockies sets the pace. Lunge walk to get to next station
1. Blockies – 10 x Burpees with Coupons with and upward Press (no jump)
2. Bonnie Blairs
Ricky Bobby Fellowship Run to Soccer Field
Baseball Diamond Bench Circuit x 2: AMs (as manys) in 60 seconds, with a lap around the muddy soccer field between sets
1. High Knee Step Ups
3. Squat Seats
4. Derkins or Incline Merkins
After the final set of Merkins, immediately run up the big sledding hill, then recovery mosey over to the blacktop.
Mary – dealer’s choice, skipping one pax for their choice
- Heels to Heaven x 10 IC (@Hightower ’s choice)
- Dead Bugs (aka Dying Cockroach) x 10 IC (@EarlyBird ’s Choice)
- American Hammer x 10 IC (@Deagle and @Nala ‘s Choice)
- Protractor for 60 seconds close out with Flutters x 10 IC (@Horshack’s Choice)
- Name-a-rama – Welcomed FNG Alex rebranded as @Nala (the lion from Lion King)
- Lots of events coming up, most of which you can get the details on the F3TheCapitalRegion’s website calendar: https://f3thecapital.com/calendar/
- November 7th CSAUP “The Grunt” in honor of Veteran’s Day – https://f3thecapital.com/csaup-event-the-grunt/
- #FreeState will be closed to participate in CSAUP event.
- Words of Wisdom:
- Paraphrasing @Horshack (to sound better than the original delivery) who reflected on his brotherhood with #MountVernon at the former RoughRiders AO – and thanking Pax @EarlyBird and @MillerTime for posting at #FreeState’s Official Launch. Brought up the concept of integrity and being your word. @Horshack made a commitment back in 2017 when RoughRiders disbanded to start an AO in Bethesda.
- After three smelly years in the fartsack (https://f3nation.com/lexicon/entry/2362/), @Horshack fulfilled on his commitment. Integrity is much like the spokes on a bicycle wheel, when one spoke is loose, the whole wheel gets wobbly and eventually doesn’t allow one to get to their destination. The PAX are like spokes and HIMs can true the wheel by helping to tighten individual PAX who can then help others, and so on.
- @Hightower closed with a prayer
- @Horshack met an older man with his wife and walking their dog (named Bango) after Coffee-teria. He asked about F3 and, once @Horshack shared the basics, he asked the age of the oldest man at FreeState. @Horshack said 58, and he asked whether FreeState could accommodate a 70 year old. @Horshack said absolutely!
- Officially launched!